Within the frame of Milano Città Mondo #07, Docucity and the Ufficio Reti del Comune di Milano and Mudec – Museo delle Culture propose a conference dedicated to ‘global generations’.
Docucity invites you to its Annual International Conference:
Global citizenships. Glances and perspectives on contemporary Italianness presents photographic projects, experiences of reality cinema, and experiences of activism and artivism between grassroots initiatives and institutions. The three round tables will have different but contiguous focuses.
Through photographic projects (Italy is Out, Feeling Italian), films (Feeling Italian and Asmarina), and other artistic and institutional experiences, the initiative seeks to propose a mobile, contaminated, and very lively portrait of today’s cities.
the meeting will take place on the Teams platform (LINK) on 9 May, from 2.30 p.m. to 6.30 p.m., and will be introduced by the Rector of the University of Milan, Elio Franzini, and the Director of the Department of Languages, Literatures, Cultures and Mediations, Marco Castellari. Nicoletta Vallorani, scientific director of the Docucity project, will coordinate the event.
For further details see the programme below.
2.30 pm: Welcome messages
- Elio Franzini (Dean)
- Marco Castellari (Director of the LLCM Department)
- Nicoletta Vallorani (Scientific Coordinator of Docucity)
2.45-4.00 pm: Freeze image. Italianness and global citizenship in photographic projects
- Loredana Polezzi (Stony Brook University) in conversation with Nicoletta Vallorani
- Mario Badagliacca (photojournalist)
- Derek Duncan (University of St. Andrews – UK)
- Bettina Gehrke (Bocconi School of Management)
Chair: Emilia Perassi (Miralab, University of Milan)
16.00-17.15 pm: Moving images. Italianness and global citizenship in documentary cinema
- Simone Brioni (Stony Brook University – USA)
- Maura Di Mauro (Intercultural Trainer & Diversity & Inclusiveness Expert)
- Alan Maglio (photographer and filmmaker)
- Medhin Paolos (filmmaker and researcher)
Chair: Gianmarco Torri (CTU, University of Milan)
5.15-6.30 pm: The changing gaze. The global generations between self-representation, hetero-representation, participation and activism
- Jada Bai (Chinese language teacher and cultural mediator)
- Silvia Iannelli (museum anthropologist, Milano Città Mondo)
- Daniele “Diamante” Vitrone (rapper and educator, Mare Culturale Urbano)
Chair: Chiara Martucci (Docucity, University of Milan)